The first order of business for today is…. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I hope all of your bellies are full, and your hearts too with happy feelings 🙂 I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite days of the year. Well to be frank, I just love this time of year anyway, but I love a great meal, and my mom is the best cook in the whole wide world if you ask me! I always aspire to be as great as she in the kitchen. I’m not there, but I continue to try..
So! In my effort to refine my cooking skills 😉 Last night I made an amazingly easy, yet an amazingly delicious fudge-y chocolate brownie pecan pie, thanks to a recipe I found on Pinterest! It is seriously super delicious, and I can’t wait to share these pies with Jake and I’s families. But let it be known that I have a serious addiction to chocolate… And this is seriously chocolate-y. To me, that’s heaven.
If you’re interested, look for the recipe under the photos 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place brown sugar in large bowl and work out lump. Add flour and stir together until the flour disappears.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly combined
- Add melted butter. Fold into mixture until it disappears (for me this took awhile, but eventually blended nicely – my butter may have been too warm)
- Loosely beat two eggs in a separate bowl and fold into mixture until the eggs disappear
- Stir in pecans and set aside
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed on package
- Remove two frozen pie shells from the freezer and divide brownie batter evenly between the two
- Spoon pecan pie mixture evenly between the two shells
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Place large sheet of foil across the top of the two pies for the last 10-15 minutes to avoid crust from browning too much
- Remove from oven and cool